BizResilience takes privacy seriously. The following principles underpin our approach to respecting your privacy:
- We value the trust that you place in us by giving us your personal information. We will always use your personal information in a way that is fair and worthy of that trust.
- We will provide clear information about how we use your personal information. We shall always be transparent with you about what information we collect, what we do with it, with whom we share it and who you should contact if you have any concerns.
- We will take all reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse and keep it secure.
- We will comply with all applicable data protection laws and regulations and we will co-operate with data protection authorities. In the absence of data protection legislation, we will act in accordance with generally accepted principles governing data protection.
- Scope of Application
- Priority of Special Notes
Management of Personal Information
- Gathering Personal Information
- In principle, customers may view The Website (s) without disclosing personal information. However, when The Company receives user registrations, e-mail news distribution requests, and inquiries to The Company, the customer shall be required to provide personal information.
- The Website (s) may collect information such as which content the customer has viewed within The Website (s), or which website the customer has referred to access The Website (s). In the process of collecting such information, which purpose is to improve the usability of The Website (s), information shall not be collected in a manner in which individual customers may be identified, nor shall the individual customers be identified during the process of information analysis.
- Purpose of Use of Personal Information
- On individual sites that have been created to receive personal information provided by customers, the purpose of use of provided personal information shall be clearly indicated, except in cases where the purpose of use is self-evident to customers.
- The use of personal information provided by customers shall be limited to the purpose of use clearly indicated to the customer in advance, except in cases in which it is clearly permitted in laws, ordinances, and standards related to personal information protection and which apply to such matters.
- The Company shall not disclose nor supply the personal information provided by customers to third parties except in the following cases:
- When the customer’s consent is given in advance.
- When it is necessary to commission operations to The Company’s group companies or other affiliated companies.
- When The Company determines from the customer inquiry that it is appropriate for The Company’s group company providing The Company’s products/services to respond to the customer’s inquiry.
- When the customer’s name, address, credit card number, and other information is disclosed to financial institutions or other parties for payment settlement when the customer orders products or uses other services which require a fee.
- When personal information is provided to the successor of the operations when the operations are transferred due to reasons such as merger, demerger, and transfer of operations.
- When personal information disclosure is requested under the stipulations of laws and ordinances.
- When there is an immediate need for disclosure to protect human life or human rights.
- When cooperating with requests of judicial institutions, police, or other public bodies and that are based on laws and ordinances.
- Management of Personal Information
- The personal information provided by customers shall be managed in an appropriate manner under the responsibility of each division of The Company that receives such personal information, and they shall prevent accidents such as loss, theft, falsification, and leakage from occurring.
- Confirmation, Correction, and Deletion of Personal Information
- Regarding questions and inquiries regarding the confirmation, correction, deletion, and other matters regarding a customer’s personal information, the point of contact of The Company given when the customer provides personal information shall receive such requests or inquiries.
- To confirm, correct and deletion of personal information, kindly contact The Company.
Personal Information of Customers Under the Age of 18
Regarding personal information of customers who are under the age of 16, information must be provided with the consent of their guardians.
The Company may save and refer to cookies via a third party being outsourced by the Company for the delivery of advertisements.
- To analyze customer access to The Website(s) in order to improve operability or to identify the cause of problems on The Website(s).
- To display the most appropriate advertisements on third party sites based on customer interests or previous usage of The Website(s).
- To enhance services.
- By changing the settings on the Internet browser, customers may disable their cookies or set it so that a warning appears on the computer screen before cookies are issued.
Links on The Website(s)
Compliance with Laws and Ordinances
In handling personal information provided by customers, The Company shall comply with laws, ordinances, and standards related to the protection of personal information which applies to such matters.